Sunday 6 May 2012

White Water Kayak in Minnesota

This Saturday I went up to the Banning State park 2 hours north on Minneapolis to join the River Ramblers white water kayak trip on the Kettle River. I hadn't been paddling for more than half a year, so I was excited to see if I could remember to handle the kayak in the rapids. We had two runs down the Kettle river and it was great to be in the water again. First time was a slow run with the group, where we scouted the rapids and took time to surf the rapids. The secound run was a white water race which was part of the Kettle river paddle fest that was taking place that weekend, so that was full speed down all the way. My first white water kayak race! In all a very good and fun day with a lot of other paddlers. I also got a chance to test our helmet camera for the first time in the water, see the results below.


No comments:

Post a Comment